The Jindal Global University and the Centre for India Australia Studies is offering an exciting new India Immersion Programme: An Introduction to Law, Business and Society in India. If you are studying or have an interest in Law and India studies, this is the perfect opportunity to spend valuable time in India, engage with one of India’s top universities and leading firms over the January-February break.
The immersion program is open to undergraduate students and runs from 23 January to 10 February 2016. To apply, contact the Centre for India Australia Studies by 1 December 2016.
About Jindal Global University and the Centre for India Australia Studies
Jindal Global University is a non-profit, private university established in 2009. Its main campus is a swish, new residential campus just outside Delhi in the Nation Capital Region. It has quickly established a reputation for high-quality courses with an international focus. It also follows a tradition of trusted private universities in India, include the likes of Tata Institute in Mumbai.
The Centre for India Australia Studies is a new research and teaching institute inaugurated by the Australian High Commissioner to India in October 2016. Shaun Star, co-founder and co-chair of the Australia India Youth Dialogue, has been appointed the Executive Director of the Centre and has already set about establishing a number of new initiatives.
What you will get from the India Immersion Programme?
The India Immersion Program includes two weeks of seminars, lectures and field visits with leading academics and professionals from a variety of industries. The course aims to provide you with an introduction to India’s diverse regulatory, business and social impact landscape. As well as connecting you with faculty members, Jindal University and the Centre for India Australia Studies will provide you with the opportunity to meet:
- senior executives from corporate firms in India, including on-site visits;
- partners from top tier law firms
- distinguished academics from Indian institutions from a variety of disciplines
- entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs
- Australian diplomats and government officials.
You won’t just be stuck in a class room either! In addition to the seminars, the program will provide you with:
- on site visits to Jindal Steel and Power Limited facilities in the state of Chhattisgarh
- a tour of Rashtrapati Bhawan (Office of the President of India, New Delhi)
- a trip to the Taj Mahal (Agra)
- a tour of the Supreme Court of India
- an activity at the Australian High Commission, New Delhi
- various networking events and opportunities to interact with practitioners, academics and students
- on site activities with local social entrepreneurs and NGOs
- participation in Indian Republic Day celebration
The course costs AUD $1,800, which includes the admission fee, accommodation for the duration of the program, meals during the program activities and domestic transport. You will need to cover the cost of your international flights, visa and travel insurance. It’s worth checking with your own institution if you are eligible for travel grants or for full or partial credit for the course.
How to apply
For further details and how to express your interest in apply for the course please email the Centre for India Australia Studies.
Other Awesome Opportunities Worth Researching
- Australia India Youth Dialogue
- Jagriti Yatra, one epic train ride for entrepreneurs!
- Which Model United Nations conferences in India should you choose?
- India’s five best literature festivals and how you can get involved