Applications are now open for the July 2016 semester in India, due March 1, 2016. Otherwise, stayed tuned for the next semester.
Are you a young professional who is keen to learn from and contribute to social enterprises in India while benefiting from a structured mentoring program? Sounds like the IDEX Global Fellowship is for you!
IDEX Global Fellowship
IDEX Accelerator was established to help advance the work of socially-focused enterprises around the world, by offering young professionals the chance to work along side social entrepreneurs in India and develop skills to take back to their own endeavours.
It offers the IDEX Global Fellowship program – a six-month program, run twice a year out of Bengaluru, India. The program includes placement with a social enterprise in India, individual mentoring, capacity building workshops and excellent networking opportunities. As IDEX describes it:
“We’re talking a high intensity, hands-on, accelerated fellowship experience working one-on-one with a social enterprise in India.”
The fellowship is designed for what IDEX coins aspiring social ‘intrapreneurs’ – “those who seek to innovate from within an existing social enterprise to help address society’s most pressing problems rather than creating their own enterprise”.
Fellows have the opportunity to work on projects matching their experience and interests. Previous placement areas range from education to healthcare, impact investment, public policy or economic development. A full list of registered partners which IDEX works with is available here.
The IDEX Fellowship has run each year since 2010, supported by its mentors in residence and advisory board. It now has more than 250 global alumni and a growing reputation for delivering a high quality fellowship program.
Who IDEX is looking for
To be eligible for the IDEX Fellowship, you must:
- have finished at least a Bachelor degree
- have a minimum of 1-3 years of professional work experience
- be 21-35 years old
- be fluent in English
- be able to legally work in India for six months (IDEX will be able to provide more information and assistance on acquiring a business visa)
As well as having general communication skills and an ability to work in a challenging environment, IDEX is looking for candidates who have a track record of leadership and a genuine commitment to the program’s goals.
IDEX Fellowship costs and scholarships
The July 2016 Fellowship Program will cost you US$3,950.
- shared accomodation
- a small stipend (not intended to cover all living expenses)
- all orientations, field placements, workshops and and fellowship events
- full-time support staff and field managers
It does not cover:
- travel to/from India
- transportation to/from the airport
- visa cost
- additional living expenses during the fellowship (a small stipend is provided)
Scholarships of between US$500 and US$2000 are available to a limited number of applicants. Scholarships are awarded based on the strength of your application. Female applications are also eligible for the Investwise scholarships.
To help you fund your fellowship, IDEX has partnered with Indigogo which provides a platform for you to create your own online fundraising campaign.
How to apply
You can apply online at www.idexfellows.com
Remember to have a look at Asia Options 10 tips for successful applications
The AO Team
Latest posts by The AO Team (see all)
- Australia-Indonesia Youth Association (AIYA) – How to Get Involved - November 25, 2020
- Asia Options: 6 Years (and Counting) - October 10, 2020
- Carnegie–Tsinghua Center Internship in Beijing - April 19, 2018
- UNOSD internship program for foreign students in Incheon, South Korea - April 13, 2018
- Walter Mangold Language Scholarship: Study in China, Japan or Indonesia - April 13, 2018