Are you interested in nurturing relations and promoting engagement between Australia and Vietnam? Or simply interested in learning the Vietnamese language? If yes, apply to AVLD today and be the change!
To apply follow this link (open till 30th April)
Dialogues such as AVLD often prove to be excellent platforms to nurture relations, promote friendship and encourage collaboration between two countries. The Australia Vietnam Leadership Dialogue (AVLD) aims to tap into people-to-people links between Australians and Vietnamese citizens from various fields, and ultimately strengthen the bilateral relationship between the two nations. Since its inaugural dialogue in Sydney (2017), the biennial event was also highly successful in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City (2019). Returning back this year, it will be held in both cities of Ho Chi Minh and Sydney.
Read the selection criteria HERE.
Learning objectives at AVLD
- Facilitate a deeper understanding of the Australia-Vietnam bilateral relationship by connecting Australians and Vietnamese citizens from various sectors.
- Develop global leaders from both nations to work with stakeholders to shape solutions towards the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- Create and nurture a sustained community by continuous dialogues, fellowship networks, and ambassadorship opportunities – digital and in-person.
Australia-Vietnam Leadership Dialogue 2021 Program details
This year’s dialogue is centered around regeneration. AVLD realizes the need to accelerate a positive impact on people and the planet. At a critical turning point in our history, AVLD will tackle issues ranging from rising inequality, gender inequality, climate change, environmental devastation and rethink business, education, and lifestyle practices.
The 4-day program, 5th to 9th September, will bring together 20 young leaders, 25-35 years of age, from both countries. If you’re brave enough to be challenged, determined to make an impact, and a critical thinker, it doesn’t matter what field you come from – arts, culture, business, music, sports, or non-profit.
Through this opportunity, past alumni have gained insight not only into how foreign relations work but also taken part in a transformative experience on their career journey. With former Governor-General of Australia, Sir Peter Crosgrove as their patron, past speakers have included Tamerlaine Beasley (Australia-ASEAN Council), Philipp Ivanov (Asia Society Australia), His Excellency Duong Hoai Nam (Embassy of Vietnam in Australia), His Excellency Craig Chittick (Former Australian Ambassador to Vietnam) and many more.
Looking for more opportunities to connect with Asia? Don’t miss out! Come back to Asia Options to find study guides, volunteer opportunities, and first-hand inspiration from professionals in the Asia-Pacific space.
Latest posts by Varsha Patil (see all)
- Learn more than just the Japanese language in Akita - May 2, 2021
- Last chance to network with AusViet leaders at AVLD 2021 - April 29, 2021
- Unlock life at Keio: Apply now to the 2021 Summer Program - February 5, 2021
- How to successfully network in Japan for a job during COVID - January 29, 2021
- Volunteering in Japan: Yasmin’s memorable ISA experience - December 17, 2020