Do you have an amazing experience in Asia or opportunity you want to share with the Asia Options community? Awesome, because we would love to profile your story and your insights with the community!
Feel free to share with us a cool program you have experienced, including an internship or language school, or what you have been able to achieve through learning an Asian language and living in Asia. Maybe you’ve taught English in Seoul, starred on Chinese TV or received a scholarship to study in Jakarta.
Then tell us about your experience but also what tips and other important information you wish you knew before you set sail to Asia.
Articles on Asia Options are typically 700-1,000 words long and subheadings are preferable. Please also add 1-2 JPEG photos to accompany your article, as well as 3-4 line bio and profile picture. Podcasts and video blogs are also welcome!
Join the Team
AO is looking for an excellent team player to join our volunteer team and help continue the growth of a country section of the website. The country Correspondent will work with the AO team to contribute articles and language program reviews and help maintain the country section of the website, ensuring it delivers the best advice to readers.
We are looking for someone who can provide context, contacts and information on working, studying and leading in the target country to build interesting and creative content. The candidate will have direct experience in the region and can provide up-to-date information on initiatives, programs and opportunities.
- Contribute one article a month. This could include:
- an article on your personal experience studying/working/volunteering in Korea
- an interview with a student or professional with Korea experience
- a feature article with useful tips on how to engage with the target country (i.e. How to find an internship, accommodation or language course)
- contacting a student or young professional to write an article or contribute a video to the website about their experience in the target country
- a summary of a study, work or leadership related opportunity in Korea
- review of a language program.
- Communicate with your regional team weekly to coordinate and review upcoming content
- Passionate about Asia and Australia engagement
- Excellent writing skills
- Reliable team player
- Study/work/leadership experience in Asia
- A strong network of contacts currently engaging with Asia and willingness to establish new connections in the Asia space
- Interest in helping shape the vision and goals of Asia Options (desirable)
- Can commit to the position for the next 6-12 months (desirable)
To apply please send an email and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and time commitment to Asia Options Team Director, Mirai Kirsanovs [email protected].