Do you have an amazing experience in Asia or an opportunity you want to share with the Asia Options community? Awesome, because we would love to profile your story and your insights with the community!
Feel free to share with us a cool program you have experienced, including an internship or language school, or what you have been able to achieve through learning an Asian language and living in Asia. Maybe you’ve taught English in Seoul, starred on Chinese TV or received a scholarship to study in Jakarta.
Then tell us about your experience but also what tips and other important information you wish you knew before you set sail to Asia.
Articles on Asia Options are typically 700-1,000 words long and subheadings are preferable. Please also add 1-2 JPEG photos to accompany your article, as well as 3-4 line bio and profile picture. Podcasts and video blogs are also welcome!
Join the Team
Country Correspondent Roles
AO is always glad for an excellent team player to join our volunteer team and help continue the growth of given country section of the website. The Country Correspondent (China, India, Indonesia, Japan and Korea) will work with the AO team to contribute articles and language program reviews and help maintain the country section of the website, ensuring it delivers the best advice to readers.
We are looking for someone who can provide context, contacts and information on working, studying and leading in the target country to build interesting and creative content. The candidate will have direct experience in the region and can provide up-to-date information on initiatives, programs and opportunities.
To submit your expression of interest for one of the Country Correspondent roles (China, India, Indonesia, Japan and Korea) please send an email with your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and time commitment to Asia Options Team Director, Kate Kalinova email@example.com.
Asia Options is looking for an excellent team player to strengthen our social media presence within our communications portfolio. Now at an exciting stage in our development, establishing ourselves as a reputable player and source of information for young people in the Australia-Asia space, we are seeking an enthusiastic social media guru to source and create content for our social media platforms.
The candidate will have experience working across social media platforms for business purposes including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Extra points go to candidates with business experience with YouTube and other platforms.
- Source engaging content to share with the Asia Option’s community on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Reddit.
- Collaborate and develop strong working relationships with Asia Options’ partners, including managing partner promotions
- Work with the team to develop a team strategy to improve the quantity of traffic visiting the Asia Options website.
Note: Candidates who can contribute more than the minimum will be highly regarded.
- Passionate about Asia engagement
- Reliable team player
- Eagerness to collaborate, share skills and learn
- Innovative and regular user of social media
- Highly knowledgeable on where to source ‘Australia-Asia engagement’ content that would interest AO users
- Experience using social media platforms for business purposes
- Experience using and analysing social media analytics (desirable)
- Can commit to the position for the next 6 – 12 months (desirable)
To submit your expression of interest for the Marketing Specialist role, please send an email with your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and time commitment to Asia Options Team Director, Kate Kalinova firstname.lastname@example.org.