Do you have an amazing experience in Asia or opportunity you want to share to the Asia Options community? Awesome, because we would love to profile your story and your insight with the community!
Feel free to share with us a cool program you have experienced, including an internship or language school, or what you have been able to achieve through learning an Asian language and living in Asia. Maybe you’ve taught English in Seoul, starred on Chinese TV or received a scholarship to study in Jakarta.
Then tell us about your experience but also what tips and other important information you wish you knew before you set sail to Asia.
Articles on Asia Options are typically 700-1000 words long and subheadings are preferable. Please also add 1-2 JPEG photos to accompany your article, as well as 3-4 line bio and profile picture. Podcasts and video blogs are also welcome!
Join the Team
Asia Options is an online guide for students and young professionals interested in exploring educational, professional and leadership opportunities in Asia.
We are an online community of students, professionals and adventure seekers, with the collective goal of empowering more Australians to access and pursue opportunities across Asia. We achieve this by providing the tools, knowledge and support needed to bridge the divide.
Through the AO community of online journalism, we share unique stories and inside knowledge of engagement with Asia. We currently have over 250 articles documenting opportunities and personal experiences from our five focus countries of China, India, Indonesia, Japan and South Korea.
Since our launch in 2014, AO has been recognised as a source of insightful and reliable advice on a breadth of study, work and leadership opportunities across Asia. An exciting new phase for AO is the rolling out of AO’s language program review section for each country – a unique AO initiative to that provides peer reviews to help AO readers choose the best language course for them.
South Korea Correspondent
AO is looking for an excellent team player to join our volunteer team and help continue the growth of the South Korea section of the website. The South Korea Correspondent will work closely with the South Korea Editor to contribute articles and language program reviews and help maintain the South Korea section of the website, ensuring it delivers the best advice to readers.
We are looking for someone who can provide context, contacts and information on working, studying and leading in South Korea to build interesting and creative content. The candidate will have direct experience in the region and can provide up-to-date information on initiatives, programs and opportunities.
- Contribute one article a month. This could include:
- an article on your personal experience studying/working/volunteering in South Korea
- an interview with a student or professional with South Korean experience
- a feature article with useful tips on how to engage with South Korea (i.e. How to find an internship, accommodation or South Korean course)
- contacting a student or young professional to write an article or contribute a video to the website about their experience in South Korea
- a summary of a study, work or leadership related opportunity in South Korea
- review of a language program.
- Communicate with your regional team weekly to coordinate and review upcoming content
- Passionate about South Korea and Australia engagement
- Excellent writing skills
- Reliable team player
- Study/work/leadership experience in South Korea
- A strong network of contacts currently engaging with South Korea and willingness to establish new connections in the South Korea space
- Interest in helping shape the vision and goals of Asia Options (desirable)
- Can commit to the position for the next 6-12 months (desirable)
To apply please send an email and cover letter outlining your suitability to the role and time commitment to Asia Options Team Director, Mirai Kirsanovs [email protected].